Adala for all (AFA) is a non-profit association of lawyers and jurists that provides victims with free and voluntary legal aid. We seek to further strengthen the lawyers’ role in victims’ support by ensuring legal guarantees to a fair trial for detainees, and guarantees of access to justice for victims. We also seek to raise the legal community’s awareness of the guaranteed rights under the binding International Humanitarian and Human Rights Law conventions.
Statement of Principles
The five fundamental principles establish the ethical, operational, and institutional framework for the activities of the AFA association. These principles are at the heart of our approach towards achieving our objectives.
The urge to provide assistance, without distinction, to detainees and victims of grave abuses engendered the birth of the AFA association. All such endeavors are to guarantee detainees' right to a fair trial, to obtain legal aid, and to access justice guarantees.
- To enable victims of human rights abuses to access free legal and judicial support.
- To enable young lawyers and legal professionals with the international tools and mechanisms for protecting the right to justice and fair trial.
- To foster citizens’ awareness of Human Rights and the protection of persons, on both the national and the international level.
- To publish research and draft laws on protecting Human Rights, in particular, the right of victims to access to justice, a remedy, and reparation.
- To ensure protection mechanisms for lawyers at risk due to their work in human rights advocacy.
What we do
- Training of lawyers and members of the judiciary in international standards pertaining to access to justice and fair trial.
- Publishing of research and drafting laws on protecting Human Rights, in particular, the right of victims to access to justice, a remedy, and reparation.
- Appealing against administrative decisions that seek to constrain access to fundamental freedoms.
- Providing free legal aid to detainees across the spectrum of : Lawyers, Journalists, Bloggers,Members of local organizations, Minorities and vulnerable groups,Victims of torture and sexual abuse.
Where we work
Adala for all (AFA) association comprises a network of lawyers and jurists on both sides of the Mediterranean, with offices in France and the Netherlands. The AFA's primary focus, in its initial operational phase, is seeking to reinforce its network and to strengthen the means of achieving its objectives in Libya and North African countries.